Smartphones today enable everyone and anyone to create & distribute content with ease. In the fast paced world we live in, it is crucial to reach your audience via their mobile device. Elyse Tager of Constant Contact shares her 5 tips to go mobile with email in this spotlight on IMS.
1. Email is Not Dead. In the next five years, most of our online activity will happen on a mobile device. Laptops and desktop computers are being phased out by tablets and smartphones. 41% of emails are currently read on mobile devices, and this number is only expected to grow.
2. Get Started with Mobile Friendly or Mobile Responsive Emails Now. Make sure your subject line is clean, clear and short. Use bullet point and buttons rather than text links, and use single column formatting. Also, too many graphics will make your email unappealing to your audience. 55% of people say that having a bad email experience poorly reflects on a brand, and ultimately results in an unsubscribe.
3. Use Your Mobile Device for Content Creation. Give you ready an easy way to join your mailing list. Your phone is a content creating machine, so use it!
4. Connect with All Platforms Using Mobile Email. People use mobiles devices to access their social media profiles more than in any other way. Use social media icons in your emails and encourage your readers to share on all of their social media platforms.
5. Email’s Future Depends on Adapting to Technology. Create an end-to-end email experience. Email creation, content creation, managing your campaign and reading reports should all be able to be done on your mobile device. Your call to action to your reader should be easy to do on a mobile device.