The evolution of digital media has vastly changed how marketers reach their audiences, and having a strong digital presence is essential for companies trying to attract new customers to grow their business.
Check out my five tips for enhancing your brand’s digital presence:
1. Be Active 24/7/365: In order to ensure that your brand’s digital presence is reaching your targeted audience, you need to make sure that you have an online presence consistently throughout the day. It may be helpful to use tools like Hootsuite and Tweetdeck for scheduling early-morning or late-night posts. Some people may only be checking their social accounts and newsfeed early in the morning or in the late evening. Don’t be afraid to share the same content more than once through your social networks – it will significantly increase the reach of your message. Guy Kawasaki and The Huffington Post are two examples of people who share the same message multiple times to ensure they are maximizing their reach.
2. Be Consistent: Consistency is another key factor in enhancing the digital presence of your brand. Companies who use different logos for different social accounts will run into issues with consumers who are confused by the different imagery. In addition to having consistent logos, having the same usernames across different channels is also helpful for your customers who are trying to find you on certain social networks. Some bad practices we’ve seen in creating usernames includes using characters that don’t belong. Creating a username such as *ThePulse* on any network will be hurtful as people will not include the asterisks in their searches, making your brand less visible.
3. Implement a Workflow: To properly implement your digital marketing strategy, creating a workflow is critical. Having a workflow and being able to show the process behind your social activity will help during the on-boarding process for new employees joining your digital marketing team as you grow, as well as encourage buy-in from upper management.
4. Engage With Your Fans: Instead of writing posts that are targeted at your fans and followers, try talking to them instead. Engaging in a higher level of conversation with individual customers is a valuable advantage that marketers now have due to the rise of social media. People love to hear back from their favorite brand, and knowing that there is a real human being behind your accounts humanizes your company.
5. Pay Attention to Analytics: The key to analytics for digital marketers is that you will gain an understand of what your audience wants, needs and expects from your social channels. The higher the level of engagement on each post, the number of responses and, ultimately, the amount of traffic you’ve driven to your site and turned social followers into leads will be the results that you want to show off.